Vueling, Ryanair, Brussels Airlines, Jetairfly offer regular flights to Málaga.
In Málaga there are plenty of rental car companies. Some are dodgy, some are trustworthy. We have used Malagacar many times and can recommend their service. In high season book well in advance.
Address in Arenas, Axarquia
In the campo (rural area) in Spain houses don’t always have an address. It’s diseminado diseminados (somewhere somewhere). Nevertheless, our house Amarey in Arenas is easy to find whether one uses GPS coordinates or follows old skool instructions.
Directions from Málaga airport via the shopping mall at Vélez-Málaga (approx. 45 km)
- At the airport take the highway to Málaga/Almeria-Motril
- Follow direction Vélez-Málaga
- Exit 272 Vélez-Málaga and keep on the left lane if you want to drive to Arenas (if you want to do shopping first, follow the signs to El Ingenio)
- At the roundabout take the 3rd exit to Vélez-Málaga/Viñuela
- The next roundabout take the 1st exit Arenas
- The next roundabout take the 3rd exit to Vélez-Málaga (Peugeot garage on your right)
- Following the tramways on your left you pass a Lidl shop
- At the roundabout take the 1st right to Arenas/Anna Azarquía
- The next roundabout go straight direction Vélez-Málaga centro
- The next roundabout take the 2nd exit (keep the soccer stadium on your left side)
- The next roundabout exit immediately right following the sign Arenas
- Drive passed colored houses on your left
- Approx. 1,5 km further at the crossing take the street sharp right to Arenas
- Follow this road for about 8 km until you come to the village of Arenas
- Driving into Arenas you wait at the Ayunamiento (districtshouse, see picture above) on your right for the keyholder to drive you to the house.
- Driving behind the keyholder via the following route
- Another landmark is less then 50 m further on your left a statue of a donkey
- A few 100 meters further you’ll pass large mural paintings on your left
- A few kilometers on you’ll pass a ‘mirador’ and after the next few bends there is a sign ‘Rancho Maria Jose’ right in front of you. Slow down when you see this.
- Take a sharp left on the dirt road (advice: go in 1st gear)
- Drive up slowly for 20 m and take the small steep road right, up to the house